Friday, September 20, 2002

Today, the probe into what happened on September 11, 2001 finally revealed what most of us already knew: missed warnings, failures, and hints of foreknowledge. It's about time.

Of course, Cynthia McKinney lost her career over her stand on this. Poor woman...she was so brave to stand up and say something. That's the most patritotic thing I've ever seen.

Now, Bush has layed out his plan. A new "First Strike" Doctrine. It's looking scary. I feel terrified to be an American.

Under the plan, the US would reserve the right to strike first, alone if necessary, and squash terrorism throughout the globe with military force. This defies logic. All the "smart" bombs in the world couldn't end terrorism. bombing people just creates HELLO more terror! I mean, when Israel bombs the Palestinians and confines them to squalid slums and doesnt allow Palestinian children to get an education and access to medical care does that stop the terrorism in Israel? NO.

I pray that our leaders in Congress do the right thing, and stop this madness before it starts. That would be an effective "first strike."

I had some letters delieverd to my congressmen today. Monday I'll strike up the fax machine. I hope they listen to me. I'm urging all my friends to do the same: We have to put a stop to terrorism yes, but my way is better, and won't result in the deaths of millions over the next few years. So call your congressman now! today! and call teh White House too! Be polite, they probably get a lot of wacked out phone calls.


Bush says "you are either with us or you're for the terrorists." Why is this so wrong. I'm obviously not with Bush and his cronies. So am I a terrorist? Should I just give in to the Chickenhawks false patriotism and promote endless war?

Hell no.

So I guess I'm a terrorist under the Bush logic.

No comments: