Monday, October 21, 2002

Everytime I give up hope on Colin Powell, he surprises me.

Perhaps they are letting the leash get a little slack.

Morning.

Time for the AM roundup.
===========================================

I found this commentary quite funny. Give it a read.

North Korea (those people with NUCLEAR MISSLES that can reach AMERICAN SOIL---it's for Millersville's benefit, some of them don't get it, silly college students...they like their SUVs), says its willing to talk. The condition: The US has got to stop calling them evil. I guess their feelings were hurt. Weekend Update on Saturday Night Live was hysterical on this topic- when I find a transcript I'll post it.

There's this strange business of Iraq granting amnesty to all its prisoners except those accused of spying for Israel and the United States. The US was quick to bash the effort. The amnesty was a reward for "100% of the vote" in the Iraqi election last week. This, of course, means more manpower to fight off a possible US invasion. Yesterday, on CNN, Wolf Blitzer's Late Edition tease stated "A President makes a plea for peace." I swear I saw that. I promptly put on my headphones. I really hate Wolf Blitzer...he irks me. CNN is starting to annoy me with the "Showdown Iraq" shit. Where's the "Showdown North Korea"? Remember, they do have the BOMB (again, for Millersville's benefit.)

-random aside: didn't Iraq back in February or March offer to let Pentagon officials in to look for that missing airman? I distinctly remember this, but I cannot find any information on it anywhere. Email me if you have any information.

I found this article mildly disturbing. Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Somalia a really, really bad mistake? I mean the movie was really bad and all, but the reality wasn't too great either.I wonder if Somalia has oil...hmmmmmm...

Compulsory Voting post later today.

No comments: