Monday, October 28, 2002

Monday Afternoon in Millersville

Writing in Word is excellent. And now Blogger can’t eat my posts!

There’s a lot to talk about today.

First, here’s a coup attempt that you didn’t hear about, but has very significant consequences for the War on Terror and the probable War for Iraq’s Oil. Thanks to The Agonist for bringing this to my, and your, attention. I’ll keep surfing for more, as time allows.

Why didn’t you know? Here’s why: This is the result of our American state-controlled media. They’re too busy whoring themselves to get the latest sniper news instead of doing REAL journalism. Honestly, it’s true. If it isn’t the sniper it’s Bill Clinton’s cock. If it isn’t that it’s Shark Attacks. If it isn’t that it’s Gary Condit. And if it isn’t that, it’s Bill Clinton’s cock! This is why we rank 17th in press freedoms…and we’re supposed to be the nation that protects freedom and forces it on others.

This is despicable that this story had not been covered, considering the geo-political implications. My indignation holds no bounds. But moving on, there’s more to discuss today.

The UN resolution deal is about to collapse. This means we’ll be going at it alone. I’ll be headed to the infirmary for Potassium Iodide pills (I live about 30 miles from Three Mile Island…yeah…. that place)

I wonder where this coalition will come from…Mexico has said it won’t support any resolution on Iraq. France and Russia still don’t want it (although I believe Russia is coming around in the wake of the theater hostage crisis). Asian leaders don’t want it. Americans don’t want it. I don’t want it. Why are we doing it? Oil? Revenge? Boredom? It still has not been proven that Iraq has the bomb, which North Korea does. It still has not been proven that Iraq has the means to deliver said weapons to American soil. Oh yea, North Korea does. And while Iraq is by no means a bastion of freedom and human rights, I don’t believe President Hussein starved two million of his people so his army could be fed and he could continue making nuclear weapons, like North Korea has. I know I’m harping the North Korea issue, but stuff like what occured two weeks ago, and the lies surrounding it, makes me spazzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…


Now Russia is leading it’s own War on Terror. Jeebus! I wonder what will happen when the two Wars on Terror will meet. I feel sorry for the Chechens. The Agonist has a great post on that subject: read it.

Finally, we’re down to the final few days before the 2002 midterm elections. These elections could possibly decide the very course our country takes over the next 40 years. But wherever I go, I hear apathy. If it weren’t for a gubernatorial election in Pennsylvania, no one would turn out, as neither Senator is up for re-election. This is why I support compulsory voting. Technically, it isn’t forced voting as it sounds. It’s more like compulsory turnout. You can still place a non-vote in the ballot box. Australia does this, and I believe their political scene is far more open and less aggravating.

The moral of this story is vote.

Lastly, the new president of Brazil is a leftist. I smell a coup coming. I can hear Otto Reich's brain working. . .

No comments: