Tuesday, December 10, 2002

Added to the Blogroll

Dima over at Overspill is running a nice blog there. I recommend it. And I've added OverSpill to the blogroll.

We do it too, that don't make it right

Interesting article I read over at the Anti-Idiotarian Rottweiler. (Yes...that's right. . . it's not an insular lefty site!). I agree with what he says, to an extent. Yes, the Left rants on about Ann "Blow up the New York Times" Coulter, and while she is attractive, she's quite the little psychopath.

Yes we rant on about her, and Rush, and the David Horowitzes of the Right who rant . But, it's only fair for us to own our psychopaths too who attack the Right in similar, and equally disturbing, ways. I mean, I constantly make fun of Katherine Harris's inability to put on her makeup. That doesn't mean its right. (Incidentially, I'm not sorry for it either.)

Like when Harry Belafonte called Colin Powell a "house slave." To be honest, I laughed out loud when I heard that, simply because it was so durn offensive. Oh the outrage that surrounded that comment. However, it wasn't the best thing to say . . . it was akin to calling the man an "Uncle Tom," which is something I'll post about later, cause I've been called it before and it's a label worse than being called nigger, in my opinion.

But all these comments are free speech. Free speech allows psychopaths like me and Spike Lee and Ann Coulter and David Horowitz say their little bits and speak their minds. So chill out. There are other things to be outraged over.

No comments: