Friday, December 13, 2002

Landmines

The US planning on deploying landmines in the event that an invasion of Iraq takes place. This is why my support for such an invasion will never be more than tepid. The guarentee that hundreds of thousands of civillians over there won't be adversely affected has never been made. Of course, Americans will watch the war in abject comfort. This is why my support remains at the tepid level. I think it may have fallen to just two degrees above freezing with this news.

US Armed forces are supposed to phase landmines out by 2003, which I believe starts in about two weeks or so. Unless my calendar is wrong.

Unless . . . they are magic landmines. . . smart landmines that only explode when bad guys are around, and not innocent civillians and childrens and babies and old women.

No comments: