Wednesday, December 4, 2002

Pennsylvania Suprises Me

Despite the fact that Pennsylvania is basically just an antenna of the South in its Central portions, the outgoing Governor today signed a bill that protects gays and minorities.

Good for Pennsylvania. Maybe we'll lose that "Philly-on-the-east-Pittsburgh-on-the-west-Mississippi-down-the-middle" stigma.

Maybe this will be the start of something great. Modern Democracy was born in this here great Keystone State once, you know.


UPDATE:

I made a little boo boo in my comments section in the affirmative action post. I corrected this error. Do not flame me on it. I'm only human, and I've learned that I should proofread before I post.

Also from the comments at Eschaton, the PA state senate is allowing for same-sex adoptions.

I may just stay in this state. I'm proud of the Keystone State today!

No comments: