Monday, December 9, 2002

Randominity...a FAQ all about me

I should be writing my web presentation for Broadcast Workshop that's due tomorrow (worst class ever . . . I really should listen to people when they overwhelmingly say "you would rather die of anthrax then take this horrible, horrible class") but I figured I would write some stuff about me.

Plus this web presentation practically writes itself. Also, I have coffee. Lots of coffee. And ramen too.

Anywho... I interviewed myself. Without further ado. . .

Q: What's the deal with you anyway?

A: I'm 21 years old. I live in Pennsylvania. I grew up in the suburbs around Philadelphia. I'm a dual Communication/Political Science major. And I'm not single. Sorry . . .

My ethnicity isn't hard to figure out at first glance . . . and I prefer black over African-American. It's way more accurate, since my family tree has branches from three continents. Usually, I just say I'm a human being. Or a dark-skinned mutt. Which ever you prefer.

I hate being PC. It stifles my "free speech." But, I support hate crime and ethnic intimidation legislation. Historical wrongs must be made right, and any program that attempts that is inherently good.

My sense of humor is dark and cynical. It can also be very dry. . . I think my parents' love for British comedy helped with that a great deal. hehehe.

If I had to define my actual political ideology, I'd say that I started out as pretty far to the left. Now, I'm gradually making my way back to the center. I think I'm left of Bill and right of Hillary, if that makes any sense. That's on a simple line graph.

This is kinda where I am .. . probably more accurate.




Q: So you're really not a bleeding hearted libreal?

A: I used to be. I've matured, and gained a better understanding of the world, mainly from the blogosphere. And Drudge. . . I do enjoy reading Drudge. In fact, I used to rely on Drudge exclusively during the Afghan War when I felt I wasn't getting all the news I could receive from CNN, MSNBC, and that "other" station. Then I discovered the blogosphere. There is a link to Drudge up, though.

Every now and then I'll have my knee-jerk libreal reaction. It happens when I don't take my pill, heheh.

Q: So what dark forces pull you toward the center?

A: I support isolation through neutrality. George Washington warned against alliances. And it pains me to read that certain countries get so much of our aid, and indirectly, my tax dollars. Put that money back into America instead of giving it to other countries, who in my mind, aren't all that deserving.

I feel very strongly that our military should not be used to fight other nations' wars. I also feel strongly that American intervention is not necessary. . . we do not need to stick our noses where it doesn't belong. We are a superpower, and I kinda like the feeling, but I feel that we should use that power only for good. Send food to starving countries. Send medical supplies. Help uplift the world. Stop selling them guns.

And by all means. . . END military support to Israel. We've sent them 1.6 TRILLION dollars over the last thirty years. And currently, the states in our nation are having one of the biggest financial crisises since WWII. And Russia too. And Saudi Arabia. . . ESPECIALLY Saudi Arabia. They are nothin' but trouble.

I am also for smaller government. It's too big. They need to find ways to pay for things. And I am also a civil libertarian (which I was told is a very conservative idea). I abhor the idea of government poking its nose in my, and other American's lives.

I don't believe all the hype about global warming. The Earth moves through cycles of warming and cooling. I'll concide that humans have maybe added to the warming process, but eventually, the Earth will slip back into an ice age. We're in an interglacial people. Ice caps and glaciers will melt. I think Mother Earth is more resillient than we humans take her for, and she will survive us, just like she survived the dinosaurs and the meteors and the pole shifts and etc. Calm down, the ice caps wont all melt at once and New York City won't become a watery grave for millions.

The Romans had smog too.

And Chomsky bores me. He's interesting, but everything is not America's fault. Sure, we've done the world wrong sometimes, but we've done the world good too.

Q: So you like Bush, then, eh?

A: Hell no. I didn't like him in 2000 and I don't like him now. For the record, I didn't really care for Al Gore either. But, I did not want to see Bush elected, so I voted for Al Gore anyway. Funny how things work.

Q: Why do you dislike him so?

A: I'll admit it. I'm one of those people who believes that the presidency was handed to him. I'm not going to harp on that.

I dislike him for running on a centrist platform then taking a right-hand turn once he got into office.

I dislike him for not firing people for the horror that was 9/11. I have my own feelings about his role in 9/11 but they border on conspiracy theories.

I dislike him for not paying more attention to the economy, when 6% of Americans are out of work.

I dislike him for supporting Pakistan, a nation that put the Taliban in power, and currently has pro-Taliban parties in control of its parliment, and exported nuclear material to North Korea, and has the bomb as well ( A Clinton failure...ill get to that later).

I dislike him for not taking Saudi Arabia to task. 15 of the 19 hijackers came from that country.

I dislike him for not taking an active role in pursuing peace in Israel. A little pressure on them...no, a lot of pressure on them, could end that conflict.

I dislike him for putting us back into deficit spending, cutting unemployment benifits, etc. etc.

Sometimes the Bush administration does surprise me. They actually agreed to the 9/11 Commission, which pleased me until I found out who was in charge of it.

Q: What do you like about Bush?

A: Very little.

The War on Terror, when it started. Now it seems to be distracted, and I'm not too sure of our ability to fight a two-front war, especially since one front is tenuous.

Q: So, you like Clinton better? Why?

A: Yep, I liked Clinton. Here's why: The economy was fabulous under him. And he was pretty centrist. . . which is the way to go. It makes everyone happy. He is a very intelligent man. And we had relative peace as well. I liked the Welfare Reform Act, believe it or not, as it will help people in the end. And his attempts at helping end the violence in Israel. It was a very noble thing to do, although it ended in failure.

Q: What don't you like about Clinton.

A: Bosnia, Rwanda, Iraq, North Korea, Kosovo, the Family Values Bill, Pakistan's nuclear program, his half-assed response to terrorism both domestic and abroad, and finally, trying to be too far to the Left in his first 100 days.

Q: You forgot one. . . the Monica thing?

A: No, I didn't. I don't care what he does on his private time. Nor should you. You know that commission into his blowjobs cost us $44 million dollars? I'm sure theres a school out there that could really use that money.

More of this interview later.

















No comments: