Thursday, December 5, 2002

SNOW DAY!

Snow days rule!

I got up at 11, went to lunch, spent time with my special someone, got thrown around in the snow by my friends, made snow angels, had a snowball fight (note: passive-aggressiveness doesn't work in snowball fights...you must be pre-emptive) and now there is snow in my boots and my clothes. I'm still going out tonight.

Kids were having snowball wars. I saw people playing frisbee in the snow. It was great! The Northside/Southside Snowball war tradition is still goin' strong. Of course, dining hall trays vanished by the dozen. Workers were baffled.

It was so good to see the whole campus in such high spirits!

Cheers to the University, which rarely ever closes for anything (Hurricane Floyd in 1999 didnt shut us down, and we've only closed once before for snow) for granting its students this much needed break so we can reconnect with our inner child.

I would have built a snowman too, but this snow was too powdery. Good for skiing though.

No comments: