Tuesday, December 3, 2002

Thanks

To those who have linked to me.

Kerry 2004! Thoughts. . . Musings. . . etc.

He's a good guy. Here's why I like him. Currently, he's my favorite. Gore is a very distant third. I never really liked him. But anyway, I'm praying to the Goddess of Politics that McCain switches parties...then he'll be my second.

#1: He's intelligent. And eloquent.
#2: He's a decorated war hero. He's actually been to war. He knows what it's like. I respect that. I don't respect chickenhawks. . . and I will say no more.
#3: He advocates tax relief for the middle-class and poor. The current tax cut kinda forgets about this vast segment of the American electorate.
#4: Universal health care, although not like the Gore Canadian-style single-payer health care. I'm pretty damn sick of the health-care industry. My family can barely afford to insure me and my insurance doesnt even cover hangnails. UGH.
#5: He is not afraid to challenge Dubyah. Good man.
#6: He understands national security. Very important, considering everyone is scared of the terrorists. ('cept me.)
#7: He's a northerner. I'd like to see the White House in Northern hands again. . . heh heh, I think the Yankee in me is coming out even though Pennsylvania can be a de-facto Southern state sometimes.

There's more, I'm going to post later this week... these are just musings.

Here's what will probably hurt him:

#1: He talks too much. I mean, he talks books when he speaks. Which is good, it shows he's extremely intelligent. But people might get bored . . . or they might get annoying and shrill like Tim Russert always does. (Sometimes, I just want to punch that annoying pugnacious little brat. . . .grrr.)
#2: He is libreal. That's a dirty word in America. Rush "Anal Cyst" Limbaugh will foam at the mouth.
#3: He's from Massachusetts. The Northeast, especially New England, is losing the hold it once had over American politics. Now, the South and West have that hold, and they'll probably keep it as long as the population shifts to those warmer states. (I'm stayin right here in the Northeast...it may be cold and dreary, but we've got what the rest of the nation lacks: superb mass-transit and walkable cities.)
#4: He's worth a hella lot. That might not go over well with po' folk.

That's all for now.

No comments: