Monday, December 2, 2002

What the hell is the Supreme Court Up to?

Three things caught my eye today while I was surfing the net.

1. Miranda
2. Privacy in the Bedroom
3. Affirmative Action

Item #1: Miranda Rights.

This will not be repealed on my watch. There really should be no argument. Miranda protects the people from overzealous police. It affirms our rights. To repeal this would just confirm the conspiracy theorist crowds belief that we're descending into fascism. Hell no.

Item #2: Privacy Rights.

Why oh why do people care what consenting adults do in their bedrooms? I don't. And neither should the government. Stop legislating sex, I mean jeez. That's a waste of paper, and taxpayer dollars. And it is so incredibly stupid. Why do you care? Explain to me why states should care what people do in their bedrooms. Someone? Anyone? Please?

silence.


Item #3: Affirmative Action

Affirmative Action is a sticky situation. I think I'll devote an entire post to it at a later (but I'll do it soon,I promise) time.


I will say this: this all looks like knee-jerk conservatism to me.

No comments: