Wednesday, December 4, 2002

Wow, just wow.

The Agonist continues to amaze. I order you to read this latest post...its part two in a series that he's running. It's one very excellent series too.

I largely agree with him. When I stated earlier this week that we must find the cause of this terrorism, then fix it, I was thinking Saudi Arabia.

15 of the 19 hijackers came from Saudi Arabia. Two got funds from a Saudi princess. What's wrong with this picture?

In another post this week I wondered why two Middle Eastern nations had such sway over our foreign policy. I was referring to Israel and Saudi Arabia. We'll leave Israel for another day.

For some reason, the Administration seems to be either unwilling or unable to confront Saudi Arabia on the issue of terrorism. Quite a few on the Right don't like this policy. . . remember the leaked Rand Institute study from the summer?

Saudi Arabia is trouble. Nothin' but trouble. All this talk of liberating women and stuff, last time I checked Saudi Arabian women had NO rights. Last time I checked, Saudi Arabians lived under an absolute monarchy that is quite rotten from within it seems.

And honestly, what are we protecting? If we're going to invade Iraq for its oil (whether this is a valid argument or not) why not Saudi Arabia? If we're going to do regime changes and promote democracy, then don't ignore some countries and go after others.

Summing it up, read the Agonist's series. He knows more about this than I do.

No comments: