Tuesday, February 11, 2003

Actually, when you look at this latest statement from the supposedly long-dead-but-not-dead-and-probably-alive-in-one-of-the-'stans Bin Laden, it appears that we're damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Everyone should start preparing for God knows what, now. I know people in the Atlantic and Gulf Coastal Plain do this from June-late November for hurricane season and people on the West Coast do this in case of earthquakes. I really do think that the government, if they're going to constantly warn us, should provide some type of list on what kinds of emergency plans American families should come up with. I'm going to start working on mine, although my family probably still has some stuff left over from Y2K.

With North Korea threatening to start stuff, war coming with Iraq in a matter of days that will disrupt the lives of millions and probably kill a few thousand of them, and a definate terrorist backlash that could range from managable to catastropic, it's becoming harder and harder to say "I shall fear no evil."

I am very afraid tonight.

No comments: