Monday, February 10, 2003

The draft screenplay of the movie Brazil.

Go see it if you haven't. You won't like if you don't like satire or dark humor. My brother watched 20 mintues of it and didn't get it. That incensed me, because normally he can be somewhat intelligent so I refused to explain it to him until he watched the entire movie. Then again, he likes movies that I cannot stand, like Starship Troopers (which ruined an excellent book, except the shower scenes...I liked those) and anything that Jerry Bruckheimer makes (his affinity for the color orange is annoying. His movies suck too.) He even wants to be a film director and will be taking lots of my parents money to do so when he heads out to school next year. He, as of this posting, has not watched the entire movie. And I won't say a word to him about the movie until he does. And that was one long tangent.*

The world in 30 years? we'll see. In the mean time, call your congressperson and make sure they know your displeasure and how angry you'll be if they vote for Patriot Act II when it comes to the House and Senate floors.

*edited to add the tangent

No comments: