Wednesday, February 12, 2003

MIT drops policy for Minorities.


God forbid the ************ get any leg up. Sarcastic slurs added for emphasis.

I really can't say much about it. They are private schools, and they can do what they want.

Basically, this is the anti-affirmative action argument/meme that I see:

1. Affirmative Action discriminates.
2. Minorities take the spots of better-qualified white people.
3. Affirmative Action makes minorites feel unqualified. (Which it doesn't. I am, essentially, an affirmative action admit. I got into this university because I went to a minorities-only pre-college program. It was Hispanic and Black. I got into that program because I got As in High School. I got 1100 on the SATs. Do I feel unqualified? Fuck no.)

Now they say this bullshit "affirmative access" thing that probably doesn't work. Oh wait, studies have proven that it doesn't. Look here. Apparently "affirmative access" doesn't foster diversity. Look here.

Apparently, affirmative action is good for business.

This is one topic that I'll entertain no argument over. I feel strongly about it. You can clutter my comments all you want and email me all you want. I'm closing my ears and not listening. Am I being an asshole? Oh hell yeah. But this is because all those who oppose affirmative action to me, they just sound like a whiny bunch of white men who for some reason are bitter that they aren't included in something that helps minorities and oh yea...WOMEN white and black. Yea, I know those people suing Michigan were white women. I bet, and I dare someone to actually get their undergrad records, that they were dumb as doorknobs and they didn't get in anywhere. So, being a bunch of crybabies, they did the American thing and sued. (Bakke, incidentally, applied to 10 med schools and didnt get into one. Not one. So the loser sued. Bitch.)

That's my position. I'm gonna have to be stubborn as a mule on this one. I'm not listening to the opposition, cause I'm tired of hearing their tired old arguments.


***slurs censored. Children read this.

Another site that proves I'm right on this, and I'll always think I'm right no matter what people say to me.

Ed. Note...I am serious when I get stubborn about stuff like this. I can be an unsuffurable bastard.

No comments: