Monday, April 28, 2003

I just thought I'd share some of the spam I've been getting.

(private and highly fidential)
Greeting,

I know you will be surprised to read from me, but please this letter is a request from a family in dare need of assistance. I am FRANK ACTIVI from Angola.The first, and only son of Brigadier Arnold ACTIVI communicating to you from Accra, Ghana. I got your number from Business directory after studying your kind of work. I, and on behalf of my widowed mother Mrs. Bridget ACTIVI decide to solicit for your kind assistance to help the family invest on our behalf the sum of US$35.8 Million (and to deposit 20kg of Gold Alleviate in your Bank for us.)in your Business Venture for a long term and pay us monthly on an agreeable terms to be worked out later.
Before my father's death, he was in charge of arm and ammunition procurement for the Angola Army. In His Will he specifically drew my attention to the US$35.8 million, which he deposited, in a safe box in a private security company in Accra Ghana.
In fact I quote.My beloved son, I wish to draw your attention to a certain box containing the sum of US$35.800,000 (Thirty five and Eight Hundred Million United State Dollars). I deposited the box containing the funds in a security company in Accra Ghana as valuables. During the war, I was very dedicated and committed to winning the war against the rebels until I find out that some senior army officers and government functionaries were busy helping themselves with government funds and properties sending them to foreign countries. Due to this,when I and the former special adviser to the president were assigned by the President (Jose Eduardo Santos) to purchase arms and ammunition we saw this as a golden opportunity and diverted the money and shared it of which I got my own share of UIS$35.8 million (Thirty five and Eight Hundred Million United State Dollars). In case of my absence on earth as a result of death only you should solicit for assistance of a reliable and sincere foreign partner to assist you to transfer this money out of Ghana for investment purpose. I deposited the box in your name and you can claim it alone with a deposit code. Your mother is with all the documents. Take good care of your mother and your two sisters. Do not disappoint me Bye! Bye unquote.
From the word of my late father you will understand that our lives and future of my family depends on this funds and as such I will be grateful if you can assist us. We are now living in Ghana, as political asylum seekers, financial laws and regulations of the republic of Ghana does not permit us to certain financial rights. In view of this, I cannot invest this fund in Ghana hence: I am seeking your assistance to invest this fund out of Ghana for investment purpose. I want you to come on board help clear this money from the deposit company and open an account on your name or your company for us to pay this money in. why I also want you is that my father specifically put it in his will that the documents be released to me when my mother sees a foreign partner with me this then I think was to save as a check on my part so that I would not misused the money as
this is the only money left for the family in this generation. For your efforts,we are prepared to offer you 25% of the total fund during this transaction.
Please, note that this transaction is 100% risk-free and the major thing I demand from you is to assure me that safety of this money when it finally gets to you. Further information and arrangement will commence as soon as trust,confidence and good relationship is established. I shall be most grateful if you could maintain this high level of confidentiality I repose on you concerning this matter.

Thanks for your personal consideration.
Yours Sincerely,
FRANK ACTIVI


I've gotten that in 6 different versions...from Ghana, Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Angola(!), Ivory Coast, and Venezuela. Do they think I'm stoopid?

No comments: