Thursday, June 5, 2003

ANNOYANCE

I haven't quite been following the "Lack of WMD" story that's been growing. Hey, wasn't it about this time last year that we found out that the White House had been warned repeatedly about an impending horror now known as 9/11? And wasn't it May-June 2001 that the first chatter started up? Seems like a growing pattern for 1600 Pennsylvania Ave...May and June just ain't their months. Anyway, I'm on it now, and I'm just a tad annoyed.

First Why did Paul Wolfowitz say this? I suspect they'll say "We were taken out of context" but I also say "the lady doth protest too much, methinks."

Where ARE those WMDs? Two trailers does not constitute a reason to replace the government of a sovereign nation.

1600 needs to come clean NOW. WHY did we invade Iraq? If their intel was so good on the presense of WMD, then WHY have we not found one iota. If we invaded for humanitarian reasons then WHY are we not invading a host of nations. I can think of fifteen right off the top of my head. If we invaded to "cut the head off of terrorism" then WHY did 23 men blow themselves up, killing dozens in Morocco and Saudi Arabia?

They'd better come up with something, and fast.

UPDATE

Remember those jokes that sort of went something like "Well if we don't get Saddam, at least there'll be a regime change in Britain" or something like that? Well I'm going to make a very bold prediction.

I don't expect Tony Blair to last out the year as Prime Minister. They know how to ask questions over there in the United Kingdom. Perhaps it's because they aren't stupified by American Idol.

No comments: