Sunday, June 29, 2003

GRAD SCHOOL LIST


I've decided that the economy probably won't be any better when I get around to graduating, so I'm going right to graduate school. I do need some advice though. I'm certain of the general field : Political Science. I'm not sure how far I want to go. Doctor Pinder does have a certain ring to it, but that's another half-decade of school and god knows how much debt. Anyway, here's my list, so far.

1. Howard University, Washington D.C. (Masters and PhD programs)
2. Penn State University, State College, PA (Masters and PhD programs, but I think their program is geared more to the PhD)
3. Suffolk University, Boston, MA (Masters, has a Caribbean program that allows for a semester of study in Barbadoes)

That's it so far. I'm clearly an East Coast, Northeast boy. . . no California or Florida for me, at least not yet.

Should I just go for a masters or go all the way and become a Doctor? heh, suggestions in comments. (I do know that I don't really want to teach for the rest of my life, although a doctorate can open a LOT of doors.)

No comments: