Sunday, July 20, 2003

The Beach was great.

WHY OCEAN CITY MD IS TEN TIMES BETTER THAN THE JERSEY SHORE

I am committing blasphemy by making this post, being from Philadelphia and all. But it has to be made.

1. The Water.
The water in Ocean City is a wonderful aqua-greenish blue. Unlike in New Jersey, where it often is New York sewage brown or Vomit pea-green. With hospital waste. And the water at Ocean City is warmer too.

2. The Beach.
The beach is always wide, spacious, and fun. Most Jersey beaches are narrow (with the exception of Wildwood and sometimes Avalon.) I suspect it's due to overdevelopment of the Jersey shore, while most of Maryland's coastline is a national park that extends southward into Virginia.

That's good enough for me. The boardwalk rocks too.

There is one problem though. Every t-shirt shop sells Confederate flag t-shirts. I think I sarcastically and loudly exclaimed one day "Oh Lawdy Lawdy, we's gonna celebrate us up some Southern Rebel Pride!" Hahaha.

Also, a question. When did the Iron Cross become so popular? This is the first summer I've seen it on t-shirts.

Anyways, it was a fun trip. Ocean City gets 4 stars out of 5.

No comments: