Saturday, August 23, 2003

All is well at Casa Millersville. My roommate is a very nice guy. He hails from Osaka. For once, I'm taller than another male. (For the record, if you haven't been taking notes, I'm very short. As in under 5'6" short.) He was surprised I knew a little bit of Japanese because my uncle and aunt were fairly-high level Naval personnel stationed there in the early-to-mid-nineties. This is his first time in the United States too, so he's very, very excited. The international exchange program has done a good job in acquiesing the 20 or so international students to the US (they've had orientation for the last week or so) so he isn't all alone. The British and Chilean young ladies he hangs out with are quite nice, as is the Australian guy (although the Australian guy has been in the US for at least a year or so). Which is good. One of my chief worries (and it's been my chief worry all through college) is dealing with the homesickness of others. Being fairly independent, I've never really gotten homesick (I was too busy trying to get away!) so I've never understood the concept. I think I'm starting to ramble, but I think I owed my readers an update.

As an unrelated aside: Two horrible acts have occured in the Middle East. I condemn both. And for those few on both sides of the spectrum cheering on the deaths of innocents, you're worse than that mold I had to scrub out of my fridge. Enjoy Hell, fucktwits.

No comments: