Friday, August 29, 2003

I've always enjoyed Billmon's firey writing. He's smart and knows his stuff. However, a recent post has given me an even deeper respect as he bared his soul for all to see. He's a good guy. And I suggest you go read him now, if you haven't already.

UPDATE: My buddy Walter has some interesting thoughts on Billmon's post that I essentially agree with. I have great respect for Billmon for letting it all out. At the same time, Walter is right too. That does need to be addressed. The playing field is not equal. And it needs to be so. Walter addresses a lot of good points.

In a sense we need to turn back the clock 30 0r 35 years, to recapture that spirit of independence and self-reliance that seems to have been lost in too much of Black America. We are so strong, and deserve our fair share of the pork, but we don’t need anyone to “give us a chance”. We don’t need anyone to tell us how good and noble we are. And we certainly don’t need anyone to hand us anything. We just need them to get out of our way.


While many believe that everyone living happily in the rainbow that is America was Dr. King's dream, I think he had Walter's thoughts in mind too.

No comments: