Monday, September 8, 2003

Eighty Seven Billion Dollars?!!?

On top of what... $450 billion already?

err...it actually looks like this : $450,000,000,000. Look at all those fucking zeros.

And in reality, it will end up being this: $1,600,000,000,000. That's $1.6 trillion over a two year period, according to some estimates.

Fiscal Responsibility? WHAT UTTER BULLSHIT THAT IS! The next person to use the phrase "tax-and-spend Democrat" gets smacked in the teeth. Enough said. And those of you who support this, your kids (meaning me, and many like me, and younger) are ever so grateful to get to pay this hefty bill in about twenty years time. Thank you President Bush, thank you.

On a serious note, I am very deeply concerned about the times are living through. I just see clouds, dark ones, and more dark clouds. I'm dreading 2004. I don't want to fathom 2008. It started with 9/11, but I'm sure research could prove the beginnings of the storm date back long before. Every sense of mine is now screaming we're at the precipice. Is this what Weimar Germany felt like before the end? (the end as in 1933)

If there were ever a time for the work of David Neiwert, it's now.

No comments: