Friday, September 12, 2003

The September "product" has a deadline: October 31st.




VIENNA (Reuters) - The U.N.'s nuclear watchdog on Friday set Iran an October 31 deadline to prove it had no secret atomic weapons program, prompting Tehran to threaten a "deep review" of its cooperation with the agency.


Following intense U.S. pressure for action against Iran, the 35-nation board of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) passed a resolution setting the deadline. Iran's delegation stormed out of the closed-door meeting, accusing Washington of having new invasion plans after Iraq (news - web sites).


I await the further poisoning of the political discourse. I await more war calls. I await those creepy Clear Channel rallies (my minds eye saw "Seig Heil"ing Germans everytime I saw one of those). I await another expensive war. More death. More calls of liberal treason, and so on, so on, and so on. Fuck that.

Meanwhile, North Korea continues to do its thing, which is build nuclear weapons.

We can stop this now. Call Congress.

No comments: