Friday, October 31, 2003

This apparently is me. I don't really agree with it ( I mean, I did answer AGREE to the death penalty question) but eh well. I kinda think I'm closer to the center on the libertarian side but it's possible my distrust of multi-national corporations pulls me in the other way. I'm down in that square with Gandhi. I do like this site, as it destroys that retarted singular Left-Right line which is wholly inaccurate, archaic, and stupid.

This is the same site, incidentally, that places all of the Democrats except Sharpton and Kucinich (both of whom I really don't like as candidates but are good at the rhetoric that they throw down) in the same box (authoritarian right) with the President. Surprisingly, it's John Edwards who was closest, not Joseph Lieberman like everyone thinks. Or maybe not surprisingly, I don't know much about Edwards. It does confirm my cynical observation: there's not much difference between the two main parties. I've read that Australia has a similar problem. I suspect if we put all the Republicans and Democrats who are in Congress, and a few past Presidents too, we'd be shocked. On that chart, I'd put Nixon to the left of John Edwards, merely for some of the social policies that he did sign and his opening of relations with China. Clinton (both of them) and Gore would probably be around where Wesley Clark is. Ron Paul of Texas would be in that right-libertarian box.

This chart also puts to rest all that annoying fascism talk...you know...Hitler being a leftist (he's at the very top of the chart, to the right of the social scale line) and Bush being a fascist (he's in the area that'd be considered traditional conservative, in my book).

I need a nap 'cause these State Schools run ya ragged (parents, save money and give your kids a REAL higher education. Send them to a State School...you WORK for every single A...no prestige, but you do EARN what you get...none of that grade inflation here) , and it's Halloween, so no more posts till tomorrow afternoon.

No comments: