Saturday, October 18, 2003

This is so fucking disgusting I want to puke.

Hundreds of sick and wounded U.S. soldiers including many who served in the Iraq war are languishing in hot cement barracks here while they wait -- sometimes for months -- to see doctors.

The National Guard and Army Reserve soldiers' living conditions are so substandard, and the medical care so poor, that many of them believe the Army is trying push them out with reduced benefits for their ailments. One document shown to UPI states that no more doctor appointments are available from Oct. 14 through Nov. 11 -- Veterans Day.

"I have loved the Army. I have served the Army faithfully and I have done everything the Army has asked me to do," said Sgt. 1st Class Willie Buckels, a truck master with the 296th Transportation Company. Buckels served in the Army Reserves for 27 years, including Operation Iraqi Freedom and the first Gulf War. "Now my whole idea about the U.S. Army has changed. I am treated like a third-class citizen."


Two things to note: UPI is owned by that Moonie nut that owns the Washington Times. So this isn't some lefty liberal news outlet. Second thing, it pisses me the fuck off the way veterans and even active duty soldiers are treated. We allegedly went to war to protect our freedoms and they get treated like absolute shit. And of course, some asshole troll hack or fascist bitch commentator will say "Liberals don't care about the troops. They hate America." Well FUCK THEM and the FUCKING HORSE they RODE IN ON. I SHOULD NOT be reading about our forces living in squalor. That's fucking disgusting. It's an absolute disgrace.

No comments: