Monday, November 24, 2003

world keeps on spinning or a rare post on Iraq

Fox News is reporting something much different than what the Washington Post reported yesterday about the alleged "Mogadishu Moment" that occured in Mosul, Iraq. Who's right in this case? The Post, relying on reports from the ground or CENTCOM, relying on the same reports?

Spin.

I don't know. I do know one thing, the attacks derided as "disorganized" by pundit after Beltway pundit and CENTCOM itself are not subsiding. Mosul, as I understood from Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC, was a quiet city that was outside the trouble area surrounding Baghdad. Why the sudden attacks now?

I don't like this gang. I still hold to the belief that if we leave now, Iraq will disintergrate. But it's looking like staying the course will be a very bloody--and lonely---course for us to stay. I just don't know any more.

Yankee Doodle continues to lay it all out. Don't dare call him patriotic in his comments . . . he's served in the defense of this country.


(and yes, I continue to scour the lists of the dead to make sure I don't know anyone on it.)


Christmas will be trying for many.


And I think the worst is yet to come. 2004, I suspect, will be very bloody---in both Iraq and other places. The clouds are gathering folks. It's time you stopped watching MTV and caring about MJ (or whatever the favorite celebrity of the month is). I'm serious.

No comments: