Monday, December 8, 2003

good TV

I was very impressed with Sci-Fi's remake of Battlestar Galactica. It's very non-cliched science fiction, which is rare on television.

1. Costuming: They dressed like we do now, which I thought was cool. Here was a futuristic society (that does get annihilated, but that's the premise) that didn't wear those annoying jumpsuits that you always see in science fiction. Very nice.
2.Emotion: The end of their worlds in Battlestar Galactica bought back memories of 9/11, which I believe was what the producers were trying to do. Your heartstrings will be tugged. If you're a cryer, keep tissues nearby.
3. CGI: The CGI shots of the spaceships was well done, and spaceships didn't do those annoying "WOOSH" noises when they went by.

I recommend highly if you like science fiction. Purists hate this show, but frankly, the old show wasn't that great. Reminds me of when Star Trek:The Next Generation started. Purists hated that show too. It's very dark sci-fi but if you like dark sci-fi (I love it. . . don't know why I like apocolyptic science fiction but I do) then go for it.

No comments: