Monday, June 21, 2004

general updates

I'm still here. I'm still watching the events of the world. Ten days until the 'turnover.' We'll see how that turns out.

At anyrate, I'm preparing to graduate (the countdown has been added to the bottom of this page.) I've been sending out a few queries here and there. Right now it looks like I will be relocating from Amish Country---even though I really do like it here. It's time to see new things even though in spring and summer, this area truly is paradise. Indeed, there's a town named just that only 3 miles away.

There's a 50% chance that I'll move to D.C., with friends, and a 50% chance I'll move to Harrisburg, PA, depending on who hires me first. I'm putting graduate school off for a year and a half---my brain hurts and the last two semesters have taxed my sanity. I haven't even begun to put my thesis on paper. That's a task for August I think.

So yeah that's what I've been up to lately. No real vacation or hiatus. I didn't have much to say about the torture crisis other than the usual "we-are-civilized-and-we-are-a-better-country-than-this" outrage that is quite justified. In reality, torture seems to be apart of the human condition--a fear of the Other. Same goes for genocide. These things are wrong and evil yet we still do them. And we still ignore them, in the case of Darfur Province in Sudan. Noone should be saying never again.

Perhaps I'll get a job where I can fight both evils at the same time. That'd be grand.

No comments: