Terry In the Big City, Episode One
I'm finally settled in Harrisburg and I finally have the time (and ability, now that the DSL is on) to write about stuff.
Some stuff I won't write about:
1. My job (or more specifically, my observations on the people I work with.) I'd rather not get fired. I will say that I enjoy what I do thus far as a transportation planner in training, and the people I work with are easy-going and friendly.
2. Political rants. It's just too exasperating. You hear one thing that gets you angry, that's fine. However when it's a daily litany of outrages ongoing for nearly half a decade, you get a little worn out. As Forrest Gump once said, "Sometimes, there just aren't enough rocks."
Some stuff I will write about:
1. My friends , though they'll all be given code names in the cast of characters to protect their privacy.
2. My hobbies. I'm currently looking into buying another aquarium. And maybe a new computer. And some plants.
3. Harrisburg. It is my new home.
4. Rants about local goofiness. Pennsylvania's greedy legislature just voted themselves a payraise. The poor dears were only making about 70 grand. Now they're somewhere in the 80s. I suppose their kids need to get that super expensive private education and I also suppose they need to pay for the expensive cars I see lined up along the Capitol. But I digress.
That's all for now.