rambling Katrina Aftermath RANT
Too much bouncing around my head.
Shakespeare's Sister is writing some powerful stuff.
I saw this this afternoon and cried.
Now I'm angrier than a pissed off Indian Cobra snake whos been messed with by that idiot Austrailian Dare Devil. Expletives follow.
Tomorrow will be T + 7 since 8/29, the single worse day in American history. Some observations:
1. This storm has exposed the rot that infests every sector of government from top to bottom.
2. That rot is due to evil fuckwads like Grover Norquist who has stated on many an occasion "I'd like to drown government in a bathtub." Policies like that, practiced ---the gov't on every level has been gutted because of these "free market, libertarian" practices. The budget that just passed cut funding to do feasiblity studies on the levees....to raise them to better protect the city. The funding to rebuild the wetlands south and east of the city were cut. Gutting of the government (that thing that is supposed to provide for the welfare of its citizens, not the oil interests) has caused the deaths of thousands--tens of thousands perhaps.
3. I want to punch the FEMA director in the eye and then kick him until his ribs are cracked. What a fucking idiot. Is he a political appointee? Of course he is. Bush only appoints idiots.
4. I may also punch the next person who says "why do the media keep race baiting?" Of course, being the same color as all those thousands of bodies floating in the Lower 9th Ward and elsewhere in New Orleans so I guess I'm just a little sensitive.
5. The Homeland Security director is an idiot as well. I wish he'd shut the fuck up. "Yes, it's your own fault you were too poor to leave," is the basic gist of him and the FEMA director, Michael Brown. Fuck you. And he didn't know about the levee break until 36 hours AFTER IT HAPPENED. I knew it broke AT WORK, READING THE GODDAMNED NEWS REPORTS----WITHIN TWO HOURS OF IT HAPPENING!
6. I think that if a disaster hits Dennis Hastert's district, we shouldn't bother to rebuild. What a stupid fat fuck.
7. I want to punch whoever gutted FEMA when it was rolled into the obviously non-fucntional Homeland Security, as they obviously suck.
8. What the fuck are we spending Homeland Security money on if they can't respond to disasters well IN THE FUCKING HOMELAND?
9. This storm has been the utter refutation that government is the enemy until something bad happens. As stated above, the gutting of governments nationwide caused this and will cause more catastrophes in the future. Los Angeles? Seattle? Oakland? Salt Lake City? I read you're about due for catastrophic seismic events. Memphis? You're up in the next half-century. San Francisco? You're up after Oakland. New Orleans basically proves you're pretty much shit out of luck from FEMA which has been gutted by those idiots in Congress.
10. one good thing, I'm glad we have finally decided to swallow our pride and accept foreign aid. I noted some bitches on FOX was whining that noone was helping us. I hope they are shutting the fuck up now.
11. If Pat and Jerry (of the psycho fundamentalist cylon freakjob variety) mention that this is just God's Retribution, I might have a stroke.
12. Armando reports at Daily Kos. More news to piss me off.
13. Condi shopping for shoes was apparently true---and sources at other sites (will post links when I find them again) report that she was booed at Spamalot! and when she was shoe shopping. All respect for Condi (as she is----WAS--rather elegant) is now gone.
14. Apparently all those school buses that the Mayor could have used to save the poor of New Orleans were all privately owned by Laidlaw Education Services. I read that on a site somewhere--and will have to resurf to find the exact link. I imagine Laidlaw will just write these buses off as a tax write off and will get more corporate pork.
You know, when the '06 midterms come around, I hope to God we start to elect these freaks out. And I hope '08 gets some fresh blood in from top to bottom. Otherwise we're all doomed.
Thousands of people should not have drowned---not in America----thousands should not be dying of starvation and dehydration-----not in America.
I've had enough too.