Saturday, July 5, 2008

Three Years in Harrisburg


Today marks my third year in Harrisburg. On July 5th 2005 I moved up here after graduating from college.

I have to say, I really, really hated this place that first year. I thought the people were unfriendly and I didn't really like my job. But, despite attempts to escape the first year I decided to give it a chance.

The second year wasn't too much better, but it improved. Last year I got a bike, dumped the ex, made some friends and the whole world opened up. My job still sucks though, although the people are quite nice.

Harrisburg is a pretty cool place when you give it a chance. I mean partying on 2nd St. does get old after awhile but you can find a new activity easily. I love the fact that generally I don't have to drive and if I need to get somewhere someone is always willing to give me a ride. We still need a good grocery store in the Midtown neighborhood, preferably not a Giant. Whole Foods or Trader Joe's would rock. I think they could put it somewhere along the 6th Street corridor where all that vacant land is because that would simply make sense. Right?

It has its issues like any place, but it's not bad. There's cool people here too. So, I'll give it a year or two more.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I'm glad you are finding your niche there.

Love your tweets! They often come at just the right time to make me giggle.