Monday, September 29, 2008

Gifts---NO!

I've developed a weird thing about gifts.

I don't like them.

I have a birthday coming up in about 13 days. I don't want any gifts. No gifts! NO GIFTS! I'm serious. See, I only have 550 square feet. I'm using one of my couches as a catchall. I have no place to put the items that are on the couch. My coffee table doubles as my easel. The paints get stored underneath. I am due to drain an aquarium soon but that space will get taken up by something I know. So, I have no space for anything new and won't until I move (assuming I ever get the motivation to move. Not looking likely right now). And to be perfectly honest, I'm at a point where if I really want something (and most of what I want right now is not something I can buy as it's not material, or something I can even have, but I won't get into that right now) I can just go out and buy it myself. Except for maybe the big screen TV (but again, I haven't the space for a big screen TV.)

Plus, I'd rather you spent that money on a charity anyway instead of on me.


The same goes for Christmas. No gifts, please!

This isn't a passive-aggressive way to get more gifts. I really don't want anything material this birthday or this Christmas. Thanks.

No comments: