Wednesday, November 6, 2002

The fact that the bad guys won, and are gleefully celebrating nationwide, is making me sleepless. I probably won't sleep without the aid of a seditive...im too deflated.

But I figured I'd post.

Here's my analysis.

We, as the center-left of the nation, royally fucked up. Thats all. We fucked up and the people told us so.

We fucked up with the tax cuts that have bankrupted America. We fucked up in letting the PATRIOT act get passed, eroding our precious civil liberties. We fucked up with Iraq and we fucked up on not pressing for a 9/11 commission, and tougher scrutiny on our still floundering economy.

And now America has taken a right-hand turn. They got their fucking trifecta and we let it happen.

We have to take it back. Now we can stay in bed November 6th or we can start on the 2004 campaign. I vote we start campaigning. We have two years to do it. They may do some damage in the mean time, but forget that, it's out of our hands. Our task must be to first find an effective leader. Gore must go. Dashcle must go. Gephardt must go. Clinton must go. McAuliffe must go. The time is now.

The party needs to be remade. We've been bleeding our base to the Greens and other libreal parties. I think its time we embrace them instead of shunning them. A Dem-Green coaltion would most definatly, in my mind, attract the young voters that all parties desire.

We need to find a leader who will scare the trifecta out of the GOP, and we need to do it now. We need to drop the super-libreal Cynthia McKinney types--they're the reason we lost. The paranoia must stop. We need to find leaders who stand up to the GOP. We cannot roll over for them anymore.

I'm 21 years old. I do not want to see most of the best years of my life ruined because my party won't fight for my rights as an American. I do not want to see a Bush White House in 2004. I do not want endless war. I do not want this bleeding economy.

So, tomorrow, instead of fretting, moping, and being otherwise misreable, I urge all of us to wake up, get up, and start working. Clock is set to November 2004--we have 730 days. Get moving.

Let's roll!


and Republicans...enjoy your victory. And if you fuck my country up, I will fuck you up.

No comments: