Wednesday, November 6, 2002

"For all those young adults that didn't vote you will be cleaning up this mess when you hit 30 and wondering how things could happen. The nations angry and fearful people rallied around a president who hasn't the courage or compassion to take a super power and the world into another direction. Instead of just a golden era for the united states he doesn't see the opportunity for the world for the human race. As Americans we haven't evolved yet to seeing the strength of the warrior is not its anger and fear. "
----My mom. She sent this to me today.

She says it all, perfectly.

While I will probably survive the temporary fall of the party, non-voting and apathy is a subject that still causes me incoherant rage. I will probably post on this subject, but at a later date. I'm still infuriated about the apathy surrounding this election..particuarly with two groups: young voters and African American voters. African-American voters have no right NOT to vote. We fought (Yea, im black) way too hard to get that right and how dare any of us throw that right away. Young voters are another group that really has NO right NOT to vote. Again, we had the voting age lowered just so we could participate in our democracy and en masse, we don't vote. Non-voters of these two groups have my utter contempt.

No comments: