Sunday, November 3, 2002

I figure I'll offer what I think the outcome of Super Tuesday will be.


Silence...swammi speaks...

my predictions:
1. A Democratic Senate by at least 1.

2. Mondale will win over Coleman, the sympathy vote will help.

3. A Republican House by at least 4. Sorry...I'm not that idealistic. I think my giving the Senate to the Democrats is idealistic.

4. 7 Democratic Governors; Pennsylvania will be the biggest landslide. Ed Rendell is currently leading by at least 20 points. Mike Fisher made the really dumb mistake of ripping on Philadelphia last week when he visited Pittsburgh and the stations in the Philadelphia area had a field day. In Pennsylvania, there is a sometimes friendly rivalry between the two big urban areas, except when the Steelers and Eagles meet. Then there is blood.
----it must be said that if Gov. Swieker was running, I think he'd likely be pretty close to Rendell, but only for his handling of the coal mine accident last summer.

5. Florida will be too close to call again, voter fraud will be rampant on the Republican side, especially in minority districts where intimidation at the polls will occur. I predict those same 91,000 who were disenfranchised before will be disenfranchised again EVEN with the Russians and Albanians keeping a close eye on it.

6. More gridlock, but I welcome it...no one-party government under a party that really doesn't care about the common folk. Not that one-party government is better under the other party. As I read in history class, they got us Gulf of Tonkin........in American politics, gridlock seems to be good. And besides, Bush gets his way anyway.

7. Many states will experience "Florida-like" issues post election due to documented voter intimidation. (Texas, Arkansas, Missouri, New Mexico, New Jersey, Minnesota, etc. etc. All of this can be read at MediaWhoresOnline. They're great...they are the first thing I read when I wake up in the morning. The second is Eschaton. The third is The Agonist.)

8. Americans will continue to not participate in their democracy, the morons.

9. Democrats in Congress will continue to be scared of everything, the pussies.

10. There will be another terror attack in the next 6 months...instigated by US foreign policy and the retard running the country.

11. When said attack occurs, democracy (if we can even call it that since half of all registered voters don't participate in the democracy) as we know it will cease to exist.

12. Said attack will also give Bush a second term.

13. We will invade and occupy Iraq, causing even more tension.


I'm gonna make some Pennsylvania predictions later.

No comments: