Saturday, November 2, 2002

I suppose I'll offer my own military analysis on Rumsfeld's statement.

I'm just a kid...and the most military experience I have comes from Risk , Diplomacy and Axis and Allies. I can't say I win these games, but I infuriate my opponents when I create attrition all over the place.

Defense is easier to do then offense, I've concluded. I've also concluded it is costly. When playing Axis and Allies(Russia is the best for defense, followed by Germany) I always play as a defensive player. I'm no good at offense. Generally, I lose, but I do a major hurtin' on the other players trying to dislodge me from the game. Knowing my opponent will have a Pyrrhic victory makes me feel like I've won somehow anyway.

This is what I've concluded is going to happen if and when we invade Iraq. I know that Saddam Hussein is not stupid. He'll bring his army into Baghdad and make us come after him. I know we have "smart bombs." I know we have "carpet bombs." We're placing way too much emphasis on the fact Saddam's army is conscript and poorly armed. In a city as huge as Baghdad, that fact will be moot. I think the Iraqi army can be creative when it wants to be, and they'll do just that when we invade. And to assume that the people of Iraq will embrace the nation that has been bombing them for the last 12 years is ludicrious. How would you feel if the US was invaded even if the invading parties weren't after you. You'd be pretty fucking pissed off. We seriously have some morons in office.

Are we prepared to level Baghdad, 'cause that's what we're gonna have to do. And do we really think those people who's homes we will be leveling won't fight back?

Let's be real. Tens of thousands on both sides will die. Duh.

And a new generation of angry people will target Americans. All for some oil. Blah.

No comments: