Sunday, January 26, 2003

Air Force expects Civillan Deaths

Well, duh...a lot of my friends like to argue that "noone will die, just Saddam." One friend even argued that bunker buster nukes wouldn't even harm the city above it. I informed him he was a moron after I did extensive research showing otherwise.

This war will not be a walk in the poppies like people seem to think it will be. I'm starting to think that Americans are spoiled by scenes similar to The Gulf War. To this day, I still don't know how many Serbs died in the NATO bombing. I'm not even sure why I want to know, but I'm sure it was probably more than ten.

I'm thinking about starting a blanket collection at Millersville for the dispossessed Iraqi civillians, which we'll send as soon as the war ends. I'm sure they are going to need massive humanitarian aid, and that is how I will aid the war effort. Not by blindly following Dubya (who I really, really have a visceral dislike for), but by sending my prayers to all involved in this struggle, and sending food and blankets over when the war is over to help out those who will probably lose their homes and primary breadwinners in an American-led attack. The war is going to happen whether we want it or not. I've written my letters, sent my emails, hung up my signs, faxed my faxes to no avail. That doesn't mean I'm giving up, though.

No comments: