Thursday, June 19, 2003

DRC UPDATE and other scary, depressing news

1. Lots and lots more death in the DRC. I know ER's finale focused on this conflict...but for all I know, Americans could think the conflict was made up. ER's writers should have made up a country, much like the writers of West Wing do.

2. As I write this, news is breaking. The AG is on TV talking about a bigwig Al Quaida member who has been caught. With more scary plots. I suspect the terror code will remain at orange. I'll have a link later today, even though everyone else will hop up on this.

3. The Japanese want to build nukes.

4. The Occupation cancels the vote in Iraq. Not that anyone cares. Paradise Hotel is on TV!!!

5. The Government has all the rights to withhold all the names of those it rounded up in the sweeps. Not that anyone cares. Ruben(or Clay, I didn't watch) isn't American Idol!!!!

6. Blah.

No comments: