Wednesday, June 18, 2003

Pennsylvania Senate Race 2004!

Jim Capozzola, a recent immigrant to our fair state, is bowing out of the 2004 Pennsylvania Senate Race against Arlen Specter. (He coined "The Specter of Specterism...Haunting Pennsylvania since 1980"....a genius line if I may say so.) He alludes to a Democrat who may challenge Specter in the 2004 Senate Race, provided he beats Pat Toomey in the Primaries. A funny story: coming back from Philadelphia International, I noticed not one, not two, but three huge billboards with Pat Toomey's name all over it. The funny part: they were located in neighborhoods that likely won't vote for him. Go figure.

Anywho, I'm not sure who he's alluding to. The name that has come up in my Democratic Party circles is Lancaster County's own Charlie Crystle. I got an email from a friend who works for the local Party a few weeks ago...I'm still waiting to hear if he's running. PoliticsPA has the List...Crystle is the most likely person on the list.


UPDATE:

I sure hope Jim is not alluding to this:


Potential Democratic U.S. Senate candidates go down this week as the possible candidacy of Congressman Joe Hoeffel sucks the oxygen out their media coverage.


UPDATE #2:

An interview with Charlie Crystle.

No comments: