Sunday, October 5, 2003

This is getting on my nerves

I've stated how I feel about this in the past: NO REPERATIONS. Want to divide a nation? Give a bunch of people free money. I think a far less divisive issue would be a federal museum in the Smithsonian complex in DC. Educate people about the history of slavery in this country. Perhaps others. It's obvious that the wounds haven't quite healed, and haven't done so because people don't want to hear about it, learn about it, read about it, et cetera. Build the museum and the people can educate themselves. We have a museum dedicated to the horror of the Holocaust. I think that's helped with people's understanding of that horrific period and probably shown people why the United States intervenes in humanitarian actions around the world. One dedicated to human slavery could show people that horrific period, and perhaps, end human slavery in our current day.

No comments: