Friday, August 12, 2005

disgusting

This is bloody disgusting.


Staff Sgt. Jason Rivera, 26, a Marine recruiter in Pittsburgh, went to the home of a high school student who had expressed interest in joining the Marine Reserve to talk to his parents.

It was a large home in a well-to-do suburb north of the city. Two American flags adorned the yard. The prospect's mom greeted him wearing an American flag T-shirt.

"I want you to know we support you," she gushed.

Rivera soon reached the limits of her support.

"Military service isn't for our son. It isn't for our kind of people," she told him.



I've read similar stories...where injured Iraq War veterans come home and go to college functions (since the overwhelming majority of them are in my age group) where groups like the College Republicans are meeting. The CRs can't even look the soldiers in the eye. If I find that article I'll post it.

But this makes me sick. Lipservice, fucking lip service. You know, my best friend in the world just re-enlisted in the air national guard. He's 41. Whether he supports this war or not I don't know. We've never discussed it. But if he can do it, then some punk ass rich bitch Republican suburbanite college kid who has a hard on and a wet dream for Bush can sign their punk asses up too.

No comments: